• The moment that engagement ring hits your finger, start taking good care of your skin. Wash your face every night, no exceptions – it makes a huge difference.
• Bring your own nail polish when you get your manicure/pedicure. Or make sure you can purchase it from the salon. That way you have the exact color to touch up those inevitable last minute chips.
• Breckenridge, Keystone, Dillon, Vail, Beaver Creek are high in elevation and extremely dry climate remember to moisturize your skin, use chap stick for your lips, and drink a top of water (not alcohol)!
• Schedule your trial run well in advance. Once June 1 hits we book up very quickly
• Bring in photos of what you like for hair and makeup to your trial run; be ready in advance for the stylist to be very real with you as to if your photos are a realistic expectation based on what your actual hair type/length is.
• Make sure that your bridal party is on time for their services- it is hard to have a defined timeline for hair and makeup services as each person takes a different amount of time. Be courteous to your stylist and have your party all arrive and be ready to go at the same time.
• Save yourself the hassle of going to the salon. Enjoy your day don’t position yourself for the stress of traveling to a salon. Pay the extra money to have the stylists come to you.
• Always invite the groom’s family to have their hair and makeup done; after today they are your family too.
• Remember to stop and enjoy planning- too often I see over stressed brides to be and before they know it, the big day in here and then over.
No tanning. It’s not worth it. Maybe you’ll be fine – but maybe you’ll look as red as my favorite MAC lip color. You can’t reverse sunburn and makeup does not adhere to it
Colorado Bridal Tips…..